Let’s discuss the Sales and Distribution module and how it integrates with other modules of SAP R / 3.
Submodule “Sales” includes the following functional areas:
- sale documents and work with sale documents;
- queries and proposals;
- customer orders;
- supply agreements and contracts;
- customer complaints;
- unconfirmed orders;
- information on sales and sales analysis.
- control orders with mature delivery;
- creation and processing deliveries;
- control material readiness;
- staffing (enabled warehouse management system);
- packing supplies;
- printing and sending the output documents of shipment;
- wiring leave materials;
- control worklist in shipment.
– The last operation in marketing. Have the following functions:
- Create invoices and delivery services, credit and debit memo requests; pro forma invoice;
- Termination of billing transactions;
- Bonus Buy;
- Transfer of accounting data in financial accounting (module FI).
In the R / 3, these functions are carried out using various instruments texture. Documents invoices can solve both the daily organizational and economic, as well as special tasks. Like all components of the order processing in the R / 3, invoicing integrated into the organizational structure. The connection between billing and finances increases the importance of institutional accounting, and marketing organizations.
used to calculate the prices (for debtors and creditors) and costs (for internal purposes, such as cost accounting). In accordance with the specific conditions will automatically calculate the gross price, discounts and allowances.
Submodule “Credit Management”
Based on the most recent data modules of Finance (FI) and Sales (SD) to develop effective credit policies that reduce the credit risk in case of excess credit is the blocking of the relevant documents. Credit Management provides the following features:
- Automatic verification of loans based on different criteria in accordance with the individual needs of the organization. There is a possibility to set the critical points of sales process for them automatic credit check.
- Automatic notification of credit management department staff on emerging critical credit situation by means of electronic communication systems.
- Fast and accurate verification of the credit situation of the debtor by those responsible for the provision of credit, which allows you to quickly take a decision on granting a loan under the credit policies of the organization and the reality.
Submodule Foreign Trade/Customs
The whole logic chain, the import of raw materials, finished and semifinished goods to the sale of goods and data modules, material requirements planning (MRP) and financial accounting, being a marked influence of foreign trade operations. R / 3 system allows you to perform basic operations of processing trade. To do this, use the following functions:
- Maintain data related to foreign trade in the following major accounts: the main entry of the debtor, the main entry of the creditor, the main recording material information recording purchases.
- Copying data of foreign trade in the documents the purchase and sale documents for further processing.
- Data interface to collect data on exports.
- Export controls.
Integration within the modules SAP R / 3:
- module “HR” – the records of the staff provides information on employees in the business, such as vendor, every person consistent with his personal number;
- module “Materials Management” – a document selling “goods issue” is processed (MM), as well as Financial Accounting (FI), as a result of the movement of stocks are posting cost;
- module “Finance” – billing occurs when the transfer of accounting data from the “Sales” in financial accounting (module FI);
- based on the most recent data modules of Finance (FI) and Sales (SD) to develop effective credit policies that reduce the credit risk in case of excess credit is the blocking of the relevant documents.
In the module “Sales” realized many of the functions of marketing:
- Accounting clients’ requests for production (maintenance contracts).
- Registration of contracts, amendments, protocols supplies.
- Monitoring implementation of contracts for the supply of finished products (as shipped, when, etc.).
- Analysis of the profitability of contracts.
- Maintain customer databases.
- Maintaining special customer ratings.
- Automatic delivery releases to customers (in person) on all business conducted by the changes in pricing policies and new business proposals.